We're a team of 36 permanent staff who demonstrate our company values of integrity, commitment, transparency and courage.
We ensure our workplace is accessible and have engaged an independent organisation (Be Accessible) to provide feedback on being an employer of choice for disabled people.
We follow Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines (EEO) with an emphasis on recruiting the best person to do the job regardless of gender, nationality, disability or age.
We also offer flexible hours and opportunities for part-time employment.
Director of operations and investments
The Health Research Council of New Zealand (HRC) is seeking a director of operations and investments to be an integral part of the Executive Leadership Team, and lead both the day-to-day and strategic initiatives of the HRC’s business operations.
The HRC is the main agency responsible for the management of the government’s investment in health research. It provides strategic leadership to the health research community to ensure research excellence is achieved through a positive, collaborative and efficient network.
The aspiration of the HRC is for New Zealand to be a leader in high-impact, high-value health research. Its contribution to this aspiration is through ensuring that New Zealand’s health research system tangibly improves the opportunities for health and wellbeing for the people who need it most, now and in the future.
The director of operations and investment will be strategic thinker, who leads with empathy and understanding, and possesses the ability to effectively navigate ambiguity. Core facets of this role include:
• development and implementation of strategy in conjunction with the chief executive and Executive Leadership Team
• management of a team working with funding partners in research investment and negotiating new and existing contracts
• maintenance of relationships with other funders
• leadership of the Business Operations group, taking responsibility for risk, records management, ICT and human resources
• working in conjunction with other directors on the Executive Leadership Team to streamline systems and processes.
The incoming director of operations and investment will:
• be a people leader, who possesses empathy and a strong ability to build relationships
• be a strategic thinker, able to navigate ambiguity
• work with energy and enthusiasm
• possess a relevant postgraduate qualification with research experience in a health or science-related area
• have experience in a health-related commercial or private sector environment
• possess an understanding of advanced business/strategic planning and governance.
To apply or to learn more about the opportunity, please email a copy of your CV to the HRC’s executive search consultants, Kerridge & Partners, at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 22 August 2020.