The Pacific Health Research Committee provides the HRC with advice about Pacific health research priorities and Pacific health research workforce development.
There is also a Pacific Assessing Committee that assesses applications for the HRC's Pacific Health Research Career Development Awards and Pacific Projects, and recommends to the HRC Council which applications to support.
Click here for the committee's Terms of Reference.
- Dr Riz Firestone - Senior Research Fellow/Associate Dean Pacific, Centre for Public Health Research, Massey University, Wellington Campus, Wellington
- Lemalu Alexa Masina
- Dr Dianne Sika-Paotonu - (Chair) Associate Dean Pacific/Senior Lecturer, University of Otago, Wellington
- Dr Bruce Su'a - Paediatric Surgeon, Starship Hospital, Auckland
- Dr Seini Taufa - General Manager for Moana Research
- Dr Paula Vivili - Director, Public Health Division, The Pacific Community, Noumea
- Dr Donald Wilson - Associate Dean - Research and Director of the Fiji Institute of Pacific Health Research at the College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Fiji National University
Ex officio members:
Marisa Maepu - Ministry of Health
Professor Sunny Collings - HRC Chief Executive
Committee Secretary: Tolotea Lanumata - HRC Manager - Pacific Health Research